Senior Product Owner
Join our newly formed Product Design team at Capture One and help us keep our flagship product the ultimate imaging workflow solution for any creative team.
You combine a passion for understanding customer needs with a drive for finding solutions
As our new Senior Product Owner you will drive the design and development of key components of Capture One. You will be the voice of the customers in the fast-paced agile process of the development teams, and the voice of the development teams in the vision and product roadmap process orchestrated by Product Management.
You will be part of the R&D organization and report to the Head of Product Design. Your role will require close collaboration with other product owners, product managers, UX designers and development teams to ensure a consistent and coherent customer experience. In your day to day activities you will support two newly formed development teams in our office in Copenhagen.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Defining, maintaining and prioritizing two team backlogs of features, user stories and defects
- Drive new features throughout the design and development process
- Work with development teams to ensure quality of implementation
- Escalate large roadblocks for implementation of the ongoing features
- Participate in release planning and contribute to the product vision and roadmap
You bring technical insight, analytic power and visionary ideas
You have a degree in Engineering or Computer Science with 8+ year of experience from the IT industry and 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner/Program Manager/Product Manager in building and shipping scalable commercial products.
In addition, we expect you to have:
- An overview of the latest technology trends
- Hands-on experience with Agile development practices
- Strong understanding of engineering functions and processes
- Deep passion for customer-driven design thinking and technology
- Track record of innovative solutions to customer needs
- Experience with photography and image editing either professional or personal
- Solid technical experience from teams delivering application software
- Excellent communication skills and English is at high level both verbally and in writing
Overall, we look for a team player with energy, humor, and creativity that shares our passion for customers and what great design and technology can do for them. You must be self-motivated and able to plan and drive your own tasks, possess great communication skills, technical knowledge, and connect easily with others.
In particular, you:
- Have talent and passion for customer-centered design and technology
- Are responsible, independent, quality- and task-oriented
- Have a positive mindset and proactively share knowledge with your team and colleagues
We are digital photography pioneers
The ultimate photo editing software, Capture One is a high-end product enjoyed by over 200.000 photographers worldwide, offering support for more than 500 cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Phase One, and many more. Capture One’s high-performance software offers fast and powerful RAW conversion, image editing and asset management. Offering photographers and retouchers complete creative control, Capture One’s features include a highly responsive processing engine, unmatched color handling, precision-editing tools, and seamless tethered support for studio photographers.
We're based in Copenhagen and can't wait to meet you:
You’ll be working at our office in central Copenhagen where you’ll have around 125 ambitious, talented and experienced colleagues on the Product Design Team and many more throughout the organization. Bringing together professionals from all over the world, we work in an international atmosphere of trust and empowerment and believe in getting things done without getting on each other’s backs.
Application and further information:
In this recruitment process, we are assisted by European Search Company. For additional information about the position, please contact Søren Rosenkrantz Larsen on +45 2893 7977 or Brian Ranvits on +45 2048 0548.
If you see yourself in the position and would like to be part of Capture One, please send your application by using the link below. Note that candidates will be processed as they arrive, until the position is filled, so do not hesitate to submit your application.
Capture One delivers award-winning photo editing software, widely preferred by professional photographers around the globe.
Made by Phase One - the world-leading provider of medium format digital photography systems and imaging solutions for professional photographers and industrial applications – Capture One delivers natural colors, high performance, and customizable workflows for ambitious enthusiasts and professional photographers.