Configure the back and Rollei Lens Control S in this way:
1. Set the P, P+, IQ and Leaf Credo series Shutter menu option to "Short Latency" OR "Normal Latency" depending on option available (If Long Latency is selected two-shot errors will result)
2. Confirm that the Rollei Lens Control S controller has firmware 2.18 or greater. In order to find what firmware version is present in the Rollei Controller, hold down the up & down scroll buttons when the unit is switched on. Note that version 2.18 or later is requirred.
The update can be provided in Europe by DHW - contact details:
Mrs. Manilla Brauner
In US you can get it from the Rollei US Service Station.
3. In addition to the controller update (firmware version 2.18 or greater) you will need a cable "Rollei Lens Control interface cable" for the camera controller - showed below:
The cable "Rollei Lens Control interface cable" can be purchased from DHW (See contact information above)
For older backs with only MiniJack connection possible - the cables below are needed:
These cables are:
- "Steuerkabel Control Wire for Phase One" should be used. This cable is approx 10 cm in length with a small cablebox at one end (Rollei Item No. 64878). If using an V-series back this cable can be plugged directly into the V-series back.
- Attached to this cable must be the second cable for extension of length (this is a standard 2.5mm mini-jack extension cable that can be obtained from any electornic store, same plug as the plug used with headphones). This cable connects the small cable to the shutter control.
- Attached to the second cable is this third cable the Multi Conn. to mini jack adaptor cable from Phase One or Mamiya-Leaf.
When the cables are in use the Phase One / Leaf camera back will operate as a one-shot back from the Rollei controller.
If the shutter control does not have the firmware update but you have the required cables then the back will only operate in 2-shot mode with the flash. If the cables are not in use then the Rollei Lens Control S cannot be used with Phase One / Leaf Credo camerabacks.
The below image and cables are of older date but although seen in the market:
This cable will work with Phase One H, P, P+, IQ and Leaf Credo series backs - note the connection to the Rollei controller is different.
Ghosting effect in image with H 20 and Kapture Group True Wide
Which Shutters should not be used with my Phase One back?
FlexAdaptor, electronic shutters and the Phase One One-Shot sync cable