This works just fine, here is a short summary and a step by step setup procedure:
The solution comes in two parts:
The shutter it self:
and the interface box:
Cables required for the solution:
1. A USB cable with USB Standard A in one end and USB Standard B in the other end.
2. Sinar X-Contact Cable (RJ45 to X-Contact) Sinar Item No.: 440.18.263
3. Sync Cable long for P/P+/IQ and 4x5" (Phase One item No. 50300143)
Connect it the following way:
1. Connect cable from shutter to the port marked “Shutter”
2. Connect “Sinar X-Contact Cable” to “Ready/OEM” port
3. Connect “Sync Cable long” to “Sinar X-Contact Cable”
4. Connect the multi sync connector of “Sync cable long” to multisync on Phase One camera back.
5. Connect USB cable from control unit to computer.
6. Download and install the Sinar eShutter software (link to software can be found in the end of this article)
NOTE: Version has to be 1.4 or higher
7. Open Sinar eShutter software and go to Preferences.
Change "Wake Up: Predelay" to "100 ms"
NOTE: Some shutters needs "120 ms" setting in the software if you get an image error with 100 ms!.
You are now ready to use the Sinar solution, note that all control of the camera is done from the Sinar software except for ISO.
NOTE: Working with IQ / Credo Backs might require a Sync signal cleaner cable (Schmitt cable) (Phase One item No. 50300181)
To download the Sinar eShutter Control software, visit the link below.
Sinar eShutter Control Software