If you experience errors on the IQ or Credo series digital backs, you can use the menu item “Dump Log” to transfer log information to a Compact Flash card. This is the log file you can use to send to the Phase One support team for further analysis.
A Dump / debug log can be very helpful in troubleshooting hang-ups or other errors you may receive on your digital back. It shows what was executing, what modules were loaded before a dump log was created.
1. First, load a CF card into the digital back and format the card.
2. On a Phase One IQ back, go to Menu > Firmware > Dump Log.
On a Leaf Credo Back, from the Menu screen, select Settings > Firmware > Dump Log.
3. The logs will be written to the CF card in the form of a .txt file.
4. Copy the log file (Log00x.txt) from the CF card to your computer.
5. Place the .txt file into a new or existing support case, and provide as much detail about the issues you are experiencing. If it's a repeatable issue, please provide clear steps on how to reproduce.